Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh shit! Am I a furry!?!?!?!

http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/FurrySexuality

For those of you that don't know what a furry is read this or none of this will make any sense. However you should know that when most people find out what a furry is they wish that they hadn't.

Done reading? Sorry I had to do that to you, but now you know my pain. I myself found out what a furry was a few years ago when a guy I know let me know that he was one when he mentioned that he and his lover frequent Furry-Con, an all furry convention. I shit you not. I thought he was kidding, and I wish it were so. Seriously, I don't think I had an erection for weeks*.

As many of you know I was at the San Diego Comic Con a few weeks ago. Now at large sci-fi and comic book conventions there are often people that dress up as fictional characters (called cosplayers=costumed play) and roam the convention. They're a harmless lot of nerds and some of the costumes are quite impressive, or rather funny. Sometimes it's just an opportunity for a woman to wear little clothes and gather a lot of attention from the throngs of sexless nerds. Case in point; the slave Princess Leia outfit wearing woman (Return of the Jedi) that's been there the past 3 years that admittedly fills it out nicely, and the fat woman that wears one for, what I hope is, irony.

Now since this convention is so amazingly huge (something like 40,000 in attendance each day) the safe harbor to totally be a freak among freaks is nurtured. There's a great little downtown area in SD called the Gaslamp District with a ton of great restaurants and clubs that con attendees basically take over for the week. Now it wouldn't surprise you to know that the cosplayers, in this massive sea of nerds and geeks, feel totally comfortable walking around this area of town in costume. And hey, good on ya and let your freak flag fly people.

Now you thought I forgot about the furries right? Or you wished I had? Sorry Charlie now we get down to the subject of today's blog; Am I a furry? You should know that furries are usually in fully encompassing suits like a mascot or something. So we're walking through the Gaslamp District and headed out for dinner when we come across a beautiful young woman dressed in a Josie and the Pussycats outfit, and she filled it out nicely if I may say. I'll also say that there is nothing wrong with a beautiful woman walking around like that in public, nothing at all. Now here's the problem; we have a woman dressed in an outfit meant to look animal like. It has cat ears, a tail, and is tiger striped. I made a comment about her to my friends as we passed by her and someone jokingly said that made me a furry. Now anthropomorphic animals have never got me hot (Grimace does nothing for me), but she was certainly on my radar. Am I some kinda half furry like a bisexual of the furry world?...

*Ladies that's not true at all, it's just for dramatic weight and my own crass style of humor.

P.S. Still searching for my Asian cowgirl, (5 years and counting). No luck yet but I just know there's one out there for me. And you can all stop suggesting I pay a hooker to dress up as one. That's not the point.

4 comments:

Cake said...

Bacon Ace is a furry, pass it on.

(I tell ya...once I found out what a furry was, it really made it hard to look at sports mascots with a straight face!)

Sparkle Plenty said...

Ooooooh nooooooooo. The link you provided is broken, but I felt compelled to look it up. Noooo.

To answer your question: "Am I some kinda half furry like a bisexual of the furry world?"
No. If you were, you'd get a half-mast woody whenever you saw an athletic team mascot. Do you? I thought NOT.

To help in your Asian cowgirl search, I refer you to Petty Booka:
http://www.sister.co.jp/pettybooka/pb_e_pg.html
Japanese cowgirls who play ukeleles and cover The Ramones.

bacon ace said...

I certainly do not, though I find the Baltimore Oriole hilarious. Seriously go to a game there. He's a total dick!

You know what? Be glad that the link is broken.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with being a furry... it's the plushies of the world you have to watch out for.

-- Lamont "No, this Curious George doll and I are just friends" Cranston