Monday, September 24, 2007

Fucking Mondays!

Dammit! So I get into work today and swing by the kitchen to grab a spoon when I see a co-worker there who, thankfully, mentions the clients coming in today. Those would be the clients the owner (my direct boss) sent an e-mail about last week asking us to dress more business than casual (dress shirt and slacks as opposed to our. Unfortunately for me I'm starting at a new client site (new to me and the company) tomorrow for a limited engagement and need to make a good impression to a) either keep me there longer, and or, b) get more of my coworkers in house. We're consultants if that didn't make any sense.

Now with my mind focused on the new engagement tomorrow I, forgetting the boss' e-mail, decided to go more casual today and to save the "nice" clothes to impress the new client tomorrow. DOH! So I had to boogie on home 5 minutes after getting to work, crack open the nice clothes stash, iron, and haul ass back to work thankfully before the clients arrived. I also haven't shaved since Thursday so I'm a bit rough around the edges. I was planning on shaving tomorrow morning. Again, new client and all. All this hassle for someone I'll simply be introduced to, shake hands, and they'll move right on. It's also possible that I'll see them on their way, but that will be the extent of our communication.

Now if you know me well you'll know that I don't go out of my way to impress people. They either like me or they don't. I don't even make this much fuss about first dates, and I'm damn sure more interested in what happens with those than with any clients. Hell, I've shown up to quite a few first dates in just jeans and a t-shirt. Okay, I was a teenager then but you get the point.

Sorry there's no funny in today's blog, just rambling.

5 comments:

Cake said...

I got here and then remembered today's the new boss's first day.

I'd meant to put in a bit more effort...

::looks down at jeanskirt and sighs::

Lois Lane said...

And this is why working in a home office is the best superpower!

Sparkle Plenty said...

The thing that would turn this post into bitter comedy requiring an act of revenge is if your co-worker who mentioned the clients were coming in today was pranking you.

Hope your Monday got better from this point! (In unrelated news, I believe the scene from The Warriors is coming together nicely...GOOD IDEA, Senor Aceito.)

bacon ace said...

1) It was the owner of the company so I'd have to hand it to him.

2) You're actually working on that? Bravo! Can't wait. That must be why we didn't gte a blog posting until so late.

bacon ace said...

P.S. since this is the "Best of Bacon Ace" (thank you Cake) this happened about a month ago. Mondays have been better since and yes, today was infact rather swell.