Monday, October 1, 2007

Sweet life giving Cat. 5 wire how I’ve missed you.

Oh holy hell. I've been without internet access for the past 3 days and it's been torture. I can no longer live without it. I moved Saturday to a new apartment and figured I could use my laptop to "procure" a wifi signal from a neighbor until Tuesday when Comcast comes to install my new digital lifeline. Now in a densely populated area like East Watertown surely someone must have an unsecured router within range right?. But alas, it was not to be. I almost drove to work just to go hook in. I need help.

Think of all the forums posts, MySpace messages, e-mail, and blogs I've missed out on. Never mind XBOX Live! Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

9 comments:

Cake said...

I was without internet once for 15 minutes...it was the longest 15 min of my whole life. I still have flashbacks.

Cake said...

No, wait, I was at a cottage this summer...I was without internet for 48 hours.

I guessed I'd blocked that out of my memory...

bacon ace said...

Oh thank god. I got back here as fast as I could to explain that, once again, this is a current/real/today post before anyone's head exploded.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I'm just glad we all deleted the weekend blogs where we all made fun of you...

Cake said...

Yer right, IANO...but that one you did was WICKED funny. The poem was especially good...you have a real way with limericks!

Sparkle Plenty said...

Hmm, Cake. I didn't think that one limerick of No Oprah's was all that hot. Didn't he rhyme "bacon" with "steak-um"? Close. No cigar.

Hang in there, Bacon Ace. Soon you will be speeding along on the information autobahn once more.

bacon ace said...

Oh man I hope so. I just got off a 45 minute call with Comcast explaining to them why they should stop calling ex mrs bacon ace about my account move and sending my bill to her address (she moved out and I stayed yet they still send my bill to her new place WTF?)
So I may or may not have the service guy come and install tomorrow. You never know with these clowns.

Cake said...

Kinda expensive for what it is...still, see the fourth item down:

http://shopsinsgeneralstore.com/#%22

Sparkle Plenty said...

I just bet that they gave you an approximate "bucket" of time in which they will show up ("We'll see you between 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., sir"). I swear, utility companies always give me "buckets" of time. Much bigger and more loosey goosey than the tidy little envelopes of time I'd prefer, such as, "We will show up at precisely 9:00 a.m."