Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm a good person

I was at Dunkies this morning getting coffee on the way to work. I was way late but it's my last day so screw it. Plus I'm a consultant and get paid hourly so they sure wouldn't care. So the line is long and moving slowly and even though I can't officially be "late" to work I was still getting antsy. Then 3 elderly people came through the door; 2 women and 1 man with a WWII veteran hat on. He could barely walk and was helped to the table by the 2 women. 1 of the women then got into line right behind me presumably to order for all 3 of them. When I was waved on to the next register I turned around and said "go ahead ma'am" (and quite please with myself if I do say so) and do you know what she did? She said "You don't want to go down there?" meaning that it was too far for me to walk and that I was somehow giving her a burden instead of a gift. I said "its fine I'm not in a hurry, you can go ahead". She looked at me and said "alright" and shuffled along. That old bitch didn't even say thank you. I almost tripped her on the way by too, but then I remembered that "I'm a good person" and refrained from causing any more hip splinterings in this crazy world we live in.

13 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

"You don't want to go down there?"
SO FUNNY!!! Sometimes, people aren't quite sure what to do with politeness, especially when they're accustomed to a cut-throat world...

Last night, I stayed up all night workin' on a project for a client. I went to Dunkies late and said, "May I have a small, BLACK hazelnut coffee?" And, what did the guy ask? I think you know. The guy asked, "With cream and sugar?" And then it hit him and HE started laughing.

bacon ace said...

Self correcting retards? There's hope for this world yet!

Clinky said...

You should have just said

"Out of the way, you old woman old person!"

and laughed and laughed!

Cake said...

That'll learn ya to be nice.

I've been known to snark at people who don't say thank you when you hold the door for them or something. A growled "you're welcome" usually gets a belated and sheepish "thank you."

Heh.

bacon ace said...

Hahaha yeah I do that all the time too. Sometimes I just let the door go if they don't say thank you. Oddly that usually gets them talking.

Clinky said...

"Thinner..."

Sparkle Plenty said...

BACONIA! THERE IS A BACON CANDY BAR!!!!
http://www.boingboing.net/

bacon ace said...

There use is. I've had this pointed out to me on these blogs before. I believe it was Cake that did me the favor. However I do appreciate the sentiment.

Sparkle Plenty said...

OI! Update! OI!

bacon ace said...

Oggy! Oggy! Oggy! Oh wait, wrong "Oi!" Sorry about that.

So anyway, yeah I apologize for my absence. I've had a whirlwind of a week and I mean the best kind of whirlwind. So I've been very busy and I'm starting a new engagement for 3-4 months at a new client tomorrow on site so less blogging again.
I'll try to do night updates as I can. Maybe I can be the weekend blogger that picks up the slack for others. Yeah, we can work in shifts. Go team!

Sparkle Plenty said...

Oi! Oi! Rah rah sis boom bah! Go team!

Glad yer busy in a good way!!!!!
:-)

Cake said...

Too busy eating bacon to post, huh. Hmmpph!

bacon ace said...

Actually I've barely had bacon in the past 2 weeks, which is a crying shame. I've just been really busy. I'll try to get something up here in the next day or so.