Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Burger King!

Ok I know I've neglected you people and I'm sorry. I've been very busy/distracted and haven't blogged lately. So here's a quick hit for you.

A highway lunch trip to Fred's Franks ended up with a last minute course change to Fuddruckers: Land of Large Tasty Burgers. I've only ever gotten the 2/3 lb burger and at the end I'm always left wanting a little more, but the next time we go I end up shying away from the 1lb big boy because it looks too unwieldy and messy for a work lunch.

So after finishing the 2/3 lb yum-fest today I thought about getting two ½ lb burgers next time. It's the same amount of food and more manageable. Then decided there was no time like the present and went to order a ½ lb. My co-workers thought I was joking, but when I came back to the table they just looked at me with amazement. It should be said that my co-workers are all larger fellows and were astounded at my body's ability to out eat them. For the record I'm 6' and 177lbs i.e. not fat.

So I finished the 2nd one and was rather full and happy at that point, but by the time we got back to the office I was almost hungry. WTF? Off to the kitchen I go to see what I can scrounge up.

8 comments:

Cake said...

So to sum up:

You have a hollow leg?

bacon ace said...

Kinda. I've had 2 knee surgeries so I'm wondering if there wasn't some unauthorized work in there while I was out.

Sparkle Plenty said...

Okaaaaaay. Now then, young fella: Did you REALLY have a series of delicious burgers for lunch? Or did you have a salad or chinese food for today IRL?!

Cake said...

SALAD!?

Can you really see Bacon Ace eating SALAD?!!!

Unless there's some salad you can make entirely out of meat, of course.

Sparkle Plenty said...

Cakie: I was thinking in terms of an 100% bacon bits salad. The real ones, of course, not bacosTM.

bacon ace said...

Sassy Plenty,
"young fella"?

Why yes I did indeed eat this series of burgers in the real world. However this is a month old blog post so it's been a while sine i ate those burgers. Time for a repeat I think.

Cake,
All meat salad eh? I have work to do...

Lois Lane said...

Maybe a meat salad with little teeny pieces of lettuce sprinkled on top for garnish?

Wonder what wine would go with that.

bacon ace said...

Is Moxie a wine?