Friday, September 12, 2008

You have no one to blame but yourself.

What's with these people that watch awful movies and TV shows then take the time to write about how awful they were? Some movies are just terrible, and you only have yourself to blame for seeing them. This is why we have movie trailers; so you can get a glimpse of how rad/shitty a movie is before you go and see it. People often complain about the Fantastic Four movie or Daredevil*. You know what retard? They looked utterly horrible which is why I didn't see them. Alternatively I saw the trailers for The Dark Knight which looked great, and you know what? It was the bee’s knees. The system works!
I work in a comic book store and people are always complaining about those movies, well why did they see them? How could you not tell how shite they'd be? Hasn't Hollywood burned you enough that you now know what to stay away from? You only have yourself to blame for seeing them. "It was on cable", "I didn't pay for it", none of these are excuse for watching shitty movies, and certainly no license for you to complain to me about them. I didn’t make them, and I didn’t see them. I was smart enough to avoid them so don’t punish me by talking about them to me. Have you noticed it's always the same people complaining too? They just don’t learn.

*Working in a comic book shop I hear people tear on these often.

1 comment:

Lois Lane said...

In defense of the Fantastic Four movies....

I watched both of these flicks with my kids, the first one on cable and the second at a drive-in. No, they weren't anywhere near as good as Dark Knight or Iron Man.

But....they were fun superhero movies that small kids could watch and really enjoy. And I think the world needs a few more of those.

As for Daredevil...well, there's no defense for that movie, which I watched on cable. Not complaining about it, just sayin'.

To sum up:

When you go to the nerd shoppe on the weekend, don't complain to the nice man behind the counter. Save your complaints for the guy who runs the joint during the week.