Monday, September 15, 2008

Camping Out (In)

The Asian Cowgirl and I were supposed to go camping last weekend. Now she’s been and she loves it. I hadn’t been since I was 7, hated it, and decided never to go again. She convinced me to go, we got all the equipment, and finally our schedules allowed it. I was actually pretty jazzed to finally go camping and enjoy it, but due to injury she wasn’t able to go which was really bumming her out.
Being the amazing boyfriend that I am I wanted to do something camping like for her so we fake-camped Friday night. I called her and told her to tell me when she was almost home and not to come in the house. I met her outside and everything in the house and in my car was ready. We hopped in my car and went to Prospect Hill to grill dinner, make smores, and enjoy the view and awesome weather. After that we went home where she saw that I had moved stuff out of the dining room and set up the air mattress*, sleeping bag, and hung the lantern from the chandelier. Now we couldn’t tell ghost stories around the campfire (since the landlord would have been pissed about a fire in the hallway) s owe opted for the next best thing; watching Ghostbusters.
And what camping trip would be complete without a good old bacon and egg breakfast in the morning?

*Cats HATE the battery powered self inflator for the air mattress if you were wondering.

4 comments:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

So romantic.

bacon ace said...

Jealous big guy?

asian cowgirl said...

Awesome. Totally Awesome...

Next stop, mansion tent. Seriously the thing is massive. We're going to have to get the camping spot with the extra high forest canopy to fit it. And it will be rad.

Asian Cowgirl

Anonymous said...

Bacon-Ace,
You had me at "Hello."