Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ring a ding ding

Friday evening someone rang my doorbell. I have no idea who it was because I didn't go to the door. It's odd you see becaue the only people that would be ringing my doorbell unannounced would be:

1) My mother, but there were no cookies on the porch so it couldn't have been her.

2) The UPS guy, but there was no package and no delivery notice in the mailbox. Where's my package already?

3) The cops*, but they don't give up after one ring.

4) My upstairs neighbo(u)rs but I didn't hear anyone go up or down the stairs before or after the doorbell rang. That and they have my phone number.

Which brings me to another point; nobody just "stops by" anymore. Everyone I know has a cell phone and would call before coming by. I'm stumped but inrigued.

* I have no reason to think it was the cops but the fact remains; they don't give up after one ring. Though it is true that they don't call before stopping by.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah, I stopped by your house today with one of those giant checks but you weren't home.

bacon ace said...

Well fat man I'll be home all week so stop on back. And I was home (hence hearing the doorbell) I simply didn't answer the door at the time.

Lois Lane said...

Zombies?

Vampires?

Girl Scouts?

Zombie Vampire Girl Scouts?

Sparkle Plenty said...

It was a shy cop.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you answer the door?

Lois Lane said...

Land shark.

bacon ace said...

Nice Lois!

It still bothers me that I don't now who it was. I know you're out there.

Redbeard76 said...

As we say in our house:

Stranger - Bill collector...

bacon ace said...

Do bill collectors actually come door to door anymore?

Lois Lane said...

Candygram.

(Oh, c'mon. It's been over a week. Open the damn door already.)