Saturday, March 1, 2008

My day thus far

Waking up on this beautiful New England winter day* and seeing snow helped me decide to not leave the house today, but rather to have an excellent day indoors. So I woke up and said goodbye to the lady as she left for work leaving me with the house all to myself for the morning and afternoon. I of course reached to the nightstand to ease into my day with some comic book reading, and the reading was good.
After about an hour or so I decided to shower and make breakfast, but by the time I was going to make food it was closer to the brunching hour than the breakfast hour. There was really only one choice here (given what's in the house and the fact that it rocks) so I just had to make myself a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich served with a side or Doritos. Ok good so far. I read all the dailies on the internet and blogged about. I came across Sparkle's 3 day old post about Creature Double Feature which immediately sparked (no pun intended) my very fond memories of this show** and watching them with a very special aunt every weekend. So now fueled with nostalgia I tried to acquire a Godzilla film to watch today without leaving the house. Sadly Comcast On Demand was offering none*** currently so I'll have to leave the house or go without, and I already stated that I'm not leaving the house so there you have it.
The rest of the day is wide open. I could paint, play Halo 3 online, finish displaying the toy collection and take pictures, read some more, or dare I say, some magical combination of some or all of the above? Today is a good day to be Bacon Ace.

*I'm not one of the retards that complain about the weather in NE but continue to stay. I love the snow.

**I have a wall shelf filled with different Godzilla monster vinyl toys. I'll have to post pictures of my toy collection sometime.

***However they are offering Dr Strangelove and Karate Kid for free so one of those is happening today at some point.

For Sparkle, Lois, and anyone that used to watch CDF:

6 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

WOW! Those shelves are most awesome, Baconia. And, that sounds like quite a dreamy Saturday.

Lois Lane said...

Sweet!

I have practically none of my toys on display right now, save some Buffy/Angel figures still in the package on my office walls, and a few still in the box Silver Age Batman family sets. Jak-El can't understand why I won't open up the suckers and let him play with them.

I can't want until the kiddos won't destroy them so *I* can take them out and play with them. I have an awesome Mego Hall of Justice that I used to display my DC Direct figures in, during the PK (pre kid) age.

Its good to be a geek girl. Or, as I read someplace else online today, a "femnerd."

bacon ace said...

"Femnerd" HA!

Mego Hall of Justice? Nice. I have 9 Megos myself on another shelf. Damn if those things aren't great.

Cake said...

::stops making Hurley from LOST and Yukon Cornelius fight long enough to type...::

Action figures are for children!

::drops the Bumble on top of the other two figures and makes sound effects::

bacon ace said...

Don't worry Cake, bumbles bounce.

asian cowgirl said...

Who is this Lady you speak of?! I didn't know we had a lady staying with us. She must think I'm ignoring her. Sheesh. Some hostess I am...mmm...hostess cakes.