Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Be a gentleman. No wait DON'T!

At work we have those access badges to unlock doors and make sure we're not going where we don't belong. One of these doors is the door to the locker rooms for the gym nicely provided by the property management company. Today as I was approaching the locker room there was a woman standing outside the woman's locker room whose badge wouldn't unlock the door.
She asked me if I could use my badge to let her in. Actually what she said was "Does your badge work on this door?” I stopped and thought about it and was about to swipe my badge to let her into the woman's locker room if it did work. I quickly stopped myself and said "I have no idea if it works, but I don't want to find that it does given that they can trace my badge back to opening the women's locker room".
I then unlocked the men's locker room and went about my business knowing that I wouldn't be brought up on some sexual deviant charges.

4 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Much like eating a good breakfast, knowing that you won't be brought up on some sexual deviant charges is the start of every great day.

Cake said...

So to sum up:

Chivalry is dead!

bacon ace said...

Cake, when it involves possible lawsuits, firings, and sex offender registration then it is.

David M. said...

total set up