Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tattoo Time pt3

In my ongoing coverage of my ink I present to you the outline for the 3rd piece. It's got tiger lilies and Hibiscuses (the correct pluralization even though it sounds incorrect) with leaves as filler throughout. When completed it will be 100% filled so that there will be no spots of bare skin from the wrist to the elbow. There will also be a sun on the shoulder cap set behind and above the topmost lilies. It will have rays coming out of it that reach up to near the collarbone and back over the shoulder.
So the reason for this piece? It's a companion to the flames in a way. Knowing the reasons for that one I decided that I wanted this to be a celebration of life. It represents many things; creation, happiness, beauty, and love. All the good things that make life worth living. I decided that the timing for starting this one would be one of 3 things; A) When I was feeling happy again and wanted to signify that, B) if it took too long to become happy again I'd get it to maybe kick start that, or C) if I just couldn't wait that long and got the itch to get some more ink ;-). Luckily it was A.
This piece was started in August and should be done in the next 2 months or so. The outline in this picture was done in 7.5 hours in 2 sessions. The overall estimate is 30 hours. There's more progress that's been made in filling but I wanted you to see it in its skeletal form first to appreciate the process.





4 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Wow! You know, it's actually very cooled unfilled-in. Best part: You did it because of (A). Rock on, Baconia.

asian cowgirl said...

I like the man-vegitation shot. Ruggedly manscaped. :)

Redbeard76 said...

Please refrain from ingesting Miracle-Gro. It is directed for topical use only.

Tex said...

Whoa!!! Im totally digging both tats on your arms...very nice outline...cant wait to see the finished project. flames are VERY cool. the bacon ones ROCK!