Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Powder to the people

Oh My God! OH MY GOD!!! Ok heart slow down…slow down… *phew* So on the drive in today a few random flakes were falling and it gave me that calm and serene feeling that the first snow fall of each year does. I was driving to work and was quite pleased, though I knew it was too warm to accumulate and that it probably wouldn’t pick up in intensity, but it was just nice to see a few flakes.
Upon getting to work I looked out the window and it was full on snowing. Dreams of a fun ride home* and parking lot zaniness at night were zipping through my head. It started sticking. Cars and grass were first. Then slowly the parking lot at work started getting slightly covered. Will this be a night to remember? I hope the snow holds out.

*You should know that I love winter, and the snow. As someone that hasn’t been able to snowboard for 5 years due to a knee surgery I’m ecstatic to get out there again this year after getting the OK from my doctor. I also participate in ice racing with the local BMW club (www.bmwcca.org). They plow a rally course on top of Newfound Lake in New Hampshire. It usually starts late January when the lake is frozen enough. So we basically drive our cars one at a time on this twisty frozen race course and it’s so much fun. Especially now that I have my new car I can’t wait to get out there.

6 comments:

bacon ace said...

Well it stopped snowing and there isn't enough for fun winter driving on the way home :-(

Cake said...

TRAGEDY!!!

::falls on the ground, crying::

bacon ace said...

I can only imagine that our resident Canadian (unlike the honorary Canadian that I am)is mocking me. Kicking (squeezing) me while I'm down as it were.

bacon ace said...

Hmmmm...didn't see that coming.

Cake said...

::squeezes snow into a ball::
::pelts Bacon Ace::
::runs away giggling::

bacon ace said...

::paft:: goes the snowball in the face.

Didn't see that coming either.