Monday, November 26, 2007

Pie will save the day

So I decided to fly the day before Thanksgiving. The busiest travel day of the year. I’d never done this before but was prepared for anything due to the horror stories that get passed around. My flight was at 11:10AM so I arrived at Logan at about 8:30. You always have to plan for any zany delays just when getting to Logan. After having a nightmare time in July (not the busiest travel day of the year either) I decided to allow for at least an hour for baggage check in, and at least an hour for security*. So after arriving at the terminal drop of point at 8:30 I headed in to face my doom. A doom that consisted of being at my gate in 15 minutes. WTF?
OK here’s what I’ve since come up with; terrorists have been planting stories using the US media to instill fear in a fiendish plot to scare us from traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday. The reasons for this are twofold; 1) They’re dicks and just like being mean, and 2) if we can’t travel then that’s less people at planned destinations to consume pumpkin pie. THAT’S RIGHT! They’re after my pumpkin pie. The less people there are to eat it the more they think will be left for them. And let me tell you right now, the last place you want to be, you slimy piece of shit, is between me and pumpkin pie.
But I did travel, and I did get pumpkin pie** so screw you terrorists. You have not won this day/pie! And I say to all my fellow Americans, and to a lesser extent my Canadian half brothers and sisters, if we do not eat pie then the terrorists have already won.

*this would go faster if the retards in front of me would take of their fucking shoes before getting up to the conveyor belt to put them in the tray. RETARDS!

**pumpkin chiffon pie actually. Yeah it sounds gay but was damn good.

8 comments:

Cake said...

Logan is my most favourite airport...it's the only place where airport security has tried to buy me coffee. That's service!

What on earth is pumpkin chiffon pie? I'll have to google that...if there's whipped cream involved, it'll be aces in my book, though.

Glad the trip went well!

Sparkle Plenty said...

I had zero problems flying on the day before Thanksgiving, too!

And...I...spent...a...whole...lot...of...quality...time...in...the...airport. Still still! It was not the moshpit of holiday frustration projected.

Pumpkin chiffon pie sounds dreamy. Pumpkin cheesecake? Equally dreamy, in my humble opinion.

bacon ace said...

Pumpkin chiffon pie is indeed "dreamy", and yes a whipped topping is involved.

Sparkle,
"the moshpit of holiday frustration" conjurs up some hilarious visuals.

asian cowgirl said...

Asian Cowgirl Sings:: "When we're hungry, pie will keep us alive..."

(but no, I am not an Eagles fan - despite my rough cowgirl exterior...I'm all pumpkin chiffon on the inside...Delicious???)

Sparkle Plenty said...

Asian Cowgirl! If you're all pumpkin chiffon on the inside that definitely makes you dreamy!

Baconia: Are you STILL flying and eating pie? STILL? REALLY?

bacon ace said...

::stuffs mouth with pie::

Mwuh? Nah I'm back but my pie eating escapades are ongoing. What's that you say...bacon pie? Hmmm...looks like I have work to do.

Cake said...

Do you have an alibi, Mr. Ace?

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/071202/K120206AU.html

bacon ace said...

Uh...G'day mate uh...I mean Cake. I have no idea what you're talking about. How about I throw an other shank on the barbie?